Tim speaking at one of 40 solidarity rallies on June 23, 2011.
This letter was co-written by five leaders of social and environmental justice. All recognize the trial of Tim DeChristopher to be a turning point in the climate movement:
- Dr. James Hansen, author of Storms of my Grandchildren, and who is regarded as the world’s leading climatologist
- Naomi Klein, author of #1 international bestseller The Shock Doctrine
- Bill McKibben, founder of 350.org and author of The End Of Nature and Eaarth
- Robert Redford, actor, director, environmental activist, and founder of The Sundance Institute
- Terry Tempest Williams, author of The Open Space of Democracy
February 8, 2010
A few months back, you likely heard about a vitally important court case involving the prosecution of a principled young environmental activist named Tim DeChristopher. After several delays, that trial is back on and we are asking for your support on its openings days starting February 28th.